Thursday, September 24, 2009

1 Year

I have been so busy that I didn't even realize that I had reached my one year blogging anniversary. I know. That is pretty sad. But I found myself in sort of a writer's slump/block/uncooperative mood.

Then this whole gay thing just kind of got to me. I am so tired of the name "That Gay Girl Tamara". My sexuality is only a little piece of me. I am not an angry, black, man-hating lesbian. I don't have issues with religion. I don't like judging folks because I then feel like a hypocrite. At the same time, I don't like other people judging folks so I in-turn judge them and I feel like a hypocrite. So I had to stop hanging around, talking to, emailing, reading the blogs of, being friends with those types of people.

I met some really cool people through blogging though (Alix, Tammy, Glennisha, Ladybug, Monie, Sarah, and many others.) These ladies helped me see things in different ways. I mean, I feel like I have really grown up over the last year. I turned 30. Wow. My mom and I have come full circle in our relationship. We don't necessarily see eye to eye; but who does? I can only focus on me and my happiness. So that's what I have started to do. The love of my life is still the love of my life. I think evenmoreso. She is truly ...I love her.

This will probably be my last post on this blog. It has been real. But I think this chapter of my life has closed. I will keep blogging though... at another space. Stay tuned for the new link. Love ya!

4 comments:

  1. I know that you are closing the blog down, but I just had to comment on this post.

    It's unfortunate that so many people are defined by their sexuality...not realizing or caring that one's sexuality is not what makes one whole. Like you, I also got to a point in my life where "gay" was too much for me and I mad the decision to step away from all things gay for a while and re-evaluate everything. There are so many self imposed rules in the gay lifestyle that its easy to get lost in the shuffle. The most important lesson that I learned from my re-evaluation was never to lose sight of my individualism regardless to what is considered norm among the glbt sect. Understand that being lesbian only means you are attracted to women...everything else is BS.
    Much Love,
    ~TD~

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww Tam...you know i feel you and i totally understand where you are coming from. when your new blog is up and running let me know, i'm always a fan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your 1 year anniversary. I can't wait to continue reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tamara,

    Wow, congrats on 1 year. That's def a milestone.

    "The love of my life is still the love of my life."

    Congratulations on that too! Love is a wonderful thing!

    Also thanks for having this blog. I really loved it.

    Make sure you let us know when you start your next blog.


    ***HUG***

    ReplyDelete