Monday, March 2, 2009

Lessons Learned 2008-2009

Time is a great buffer. I have learned more lessons now than even the ones I thought I had learned at the beginning of the year. Here they are:

1. A dream won't come true if you don't a) really want it; b) believe it will come true; and c) put in the work to make it happen.

2. I write down my hopes, wishes, and desires. I took a look back over the last year and realized that it was a whole bunch of stuff that I thought I wanted that I could totally care less about.

For instance, I thought I wanted to keep my car for the rest of my life. It was going to be that junker that I drove anywhere I could. I put way too much money into trying to keep it running; all the while planning the next car I would buy. That was a contradiction. I should have let the car go a long time ago and bought the one I really wanted.

3. I also learned that it is totally okay to go against the norm. You would think I learned this lesson a long time ago but clearly I didn't. I spent a lot of time, money, and energy looking for a traditional job. And then God blesses me with a non-traditional job when that's what I wanted all along. LOL. So funny.

And finally I learned that God and the universe will provide all of my true wants, needs, and desires-the ones that I don't contradict myself on. And one that won't make much sense because there is so much that is behind it, but I don't have to control anything but my mind.

3 comments:

  1. Tami: Thanks, I hope it helped someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realized, too, that once I gave up trying to be "traditional" and follow the typical path, doors opened up for me to be my true creative self. I'm so happy and grateful for all the lessons I too have learned.

    ReplyDelete