Sunday, March 14, 2010

Enjoy Life

I haven't gone into talking about myself much lately because there isn't much to say. 30 was a year of discovery and boy have I learned a lot. But there was just stuff I learned...nothing needing analysis or critique. That leads me to my mom...our relationship is so much better now. Today she is flying back home from a Republican Women's Conference and she sent me a text from the airport. Near the end of the conversation I told her to have fun and you know...those types of pleasentries. She was like I am on my way home. I said I know...you can have fun and enjoy the moment anywhere. Then she called me deep. I could imagine her face and expression as she is sitting at the airport ...tired... after a long week of hobnobbing and schmoozing and I am telling her to have MORE fun. I cracked up laughing. I remembered something I was told -- Enjoy the moment.

Sometimes we get so caught up on completing a task...we forget to enjoy the task.
If you like sewing, take pleasure in threading that needle-- it is the start of a new project-- a new beginning.
If you like writing, don't get caught up in the completion of the story...enjoy the writing. Enjoy the creative process. Enjoy Life! God put us here to get as much pleasure as possible! How good can you stand it?

2 comments:

  1. Even when we do tasks that bring us joy, the fun could be taken out when we keep thinking about the end result. I intend to enjoy the process from now on. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree gay gurrrl!!! So many times i fall into that same trap, even like today i got so caught up in making money at my job i realised i wasn't even enjoying it anymore. it went hand in hand when i was happy and enjoying my job i made more money thanks for reminding me of the importance of mindframe during daily tasks!!!

    ReplyDelete