Friday, March 26, 2010

Reconnecting

Last year, I decided to not call people who didn't call me. This was mainly because I felt like I was bothering people when I contacted them.  Can anyone relate to this? Read about it here...  After re-reading that post, I realized I didn't go indepth about how I felt that some people in my life were simply using me. But, I am sure you are smart enough to get the picture. I would just call to talk or see how someone was doing and they would act like I was committing a sin for speaking their name. So I stopped. 

I ended the reaching out to people because I didn't really think they cared one way or the other.  In that previous post/comments, I recognized that each friend has their purpose/time frame to be in my life.  I have a friend who is solely for traveling, another who I can go to hangout with, another who is good for Barnes & Noble trips, etc... Everyone is not in my life for the same thing.

But there is another group of people that I have neglected.  Other people I just lost touch with...I liked them still the same, they moved to other cities,states,etc and phone numbers got changed, emails were exchanged a few times, but that was about it. I really miss some of those people.  Facebook has done a great job of reconnecting me with the people who I genuinely like, do not get on my nerves, have a lot in common with, and are no longer in the same city/region in which I live. Some I understand are still not supposed to be in my life, while others I can't wait to meet up with again.

Thank God for technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment