Friday, January 9, 2009

Bookworm

If you follow me on twitter, you probably already know that I am sick. It is the worst, only because I haven't gotten my first paycheck yet. When you can't take care of yourself, it is not a good feeling. I burst into tears because 1) I felt awful, 2) there was nothing I could do about it, and 3) no matter what my girlfriend wanted to do, she couldn't do anything about it either.

I used to have a wifi hotspot in our bedroom, but whose ever it was, changed it from an unsecure connection to a secure connection. That sucks.

But other than that...I am pretty good. I have been reading a lot lately. One of my homegirls has books galore at her house. Books I wouldn't normally read, I have been picking up. Janet Evanovich has a set of romance books that she is re-releasing under her own name and they are so good. So far I have read Naughty Neighbor and Foul Play. They were better than expected. I usually don't expect much from books so if they aren't good, I am not disappointed. And if they are good, I am pleasantly surprised.

I've also read Bliss by Fionna Zedde 2x's already. Now, I am looking for some more good lesbian authors. Any suggestions?

5 comments:

  1. Sorry that you aren't feeling well. I hope you get better soon.
    I haven't read any of Janet's romance books, but I loved her series of books. I think they went from number 1 to 15.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the healthy well wishes. I have also re-read some of Rita Mae Browns books. Her lesbian stories are good. I haven't been able to get into her detective mysteries though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww. I hope you feel better and get well soon.I've actually never read one single lesbian novel. I was actually interested in finding a few authors so thanks to this post. I'm gonna check those books out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Glennisha, I don't know if Janet Evanovich is gay...but her book are good. But Rita Mae Brown is a lesbian. She dated the tennis player Martina Naratilova (sp). I did read a murder mystery series the first one was titled Damn Straight, the second one was Holy Hell, but I don't remember her name. I like murder mysteries wrapped up with romance and comedy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Word Rita dated Martina? Well thanks I'm definitely going to check these out. I am in dying need of good books.

    ReplyDelete