Thursday, January 29, 2009

Cooking up a storm...

I forgot to tell you all I have been on a cooking spree. Not ramen noodle cooking either. Like today, I made an italian pasta salad and added garlic bread. Yesterday I made black bean burgers. I know...it may not sound appealing, but it is delicious. I saw a recipe in Gourmet magazine and I tweaked it with the actual ingredients I had in the pantry.

I was telling my girlfriend it is because when I went home for Christmas, I didn't eat out fast food once. I ate home cooking everyday accept the one time my mom took me to a nice restaurant called Lily House. And it was basically home cooking too. But I appreciated that time with my family and the good delightful eats that I consumed.

Since being home, I have eaten out at some fast food joints, but not like I used to. I will forego a double cheeseburger for the grocery store. I now swing by the markets more frequently, look at recipes more often and actually taste my food. All I can say is my tummy has been screaming hmm hmm good an awful lot lately. Ciao.

5 comments:

  1. That pasta salad and bread sounds good. OMG, you know how to make Black Bean Burgers? That's what's up. Those burgers are sooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm...sounds like you caught the cooking bug...i had it a few weeks back too.

    Do you have a Wegmans near you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black bean burgers? how did they turn out?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nah, I actually didn't cook the black bean burger. I had tasted it at this restaurant called Hockeytown. Wegmans, no we don't have one of those. What's that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wegmans is like the holy grail of grocery stores for people who like to turn up the heat in the kitchen. I love it! They have cooking demo's, classes and you can buy anything there.

    ReplyDelete