Monday, January 12, 2009

Yeah, I’m a Taurus. So what?

I read my horoscope the other day and it was- the craziest thing. It said something about me needing to take a break, relax and go into myself. I wonder why it is that whenever it says something like that...I get sick. Like I don’t know how to relax on my own so the universe sits my arse down. Truth is I don’t. My idea of relaxation is staying in the bed all day. But even then I can be so stressed out that I have to get up and leave. Kind of defeats the purpose of resting.

I don’t know...well I do know how to calm my mind; I just haven’t done it in a long time: meditate. I had a place designated in our home, but now that part is cluttered. And it is really cold in there. Even with the heat on...it is cold as heck in that room. That is the main reason for not meditating. I can’t get enough peace and quiet in any other place in the house to get my mood in alignment.

It’s something I need to put into practice again. Around January 2 everyone was starting to go back to work. I remember people were complaining and dreading that day. I was so grateful to not feel that way about work. I am working from home and although some stress exists, I am satisfied and happy. I can type in my pj’s if I really wanted. Even when I was sick, I could still pound out a few words on the comp and it was no big deal. Plus, I was in a different place each time. I could travel the world if I had more money. (I will too!)

But according to my horoscope for 2009, professional advances are in the works for me. That means these are not the only jobs I will be working. I already knew that going into the year and before I read my horoscope. Mainly because, these have been my goals for the last 6 months, I know they are going to come into fruition. My mom even asked me, “Are you trying to make up for lost time from being unemployed?” No.
I want to make up for lost time from being without a regular paycheck. I have always been employed.

By going to the conference, I learned that everyone has a day job. I established within myself, that I am not above doing something I am good at and enjoy (a day job) to do something that I love (writing). Writing is something I could do in my sleep-it takes no effort for me whatsoever. My writing is in full swing, a goal for 2008, and it is beyond time to start meditating again. It will be an absolute necessity for me so that I can remain calm, cool, and healthy. So we will see how this year plays out and if my horoscope for 09 is right. Ciao.

3 comments:

  1. Oh My...I hope it wasn't bad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alix- LOL This was such a coincidence. When I first got here I was like hey Alix just blogged about this too.

    Tamara- Try to relax if you really need to. I notice that when I push myself and go to meetings after week and just keep on going when I know I'm tired that's when I get a cold and then my body just totally breaks all the way down. Even if you don't mind working from home just relax a little bit.

    ReplyDelete