Friday, September 12, 2008

Cake, chocolate, and more cake!


Today I had the most delicious piece of chocolate cake. I wanted to eat the whole cake, but I didn't. Just a slice. That is a good representation of what the cake looked like. I am addicted to sweets. It is easier to just not eat the sweets. I guess I can describe it as a drug. Once you go through withdrawal--it is easy for me to pass it by. But as soon as I get a taste, I want more and more of it. But I have a really good substitution.
Mocha Cups
(makes 8 small servings - be sure to share with friends!)
3 cups nonfat milk
1 (1.4-ounce) packet sugar-free, fat-free chocolate pudding
1 tablespoon instant espresso
8 teaspoons whipped topping
Cocoa powder, for garnish

In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, chocolate pudding mix, and the instant espresso. Use hand mixer to mix ingredients. Spoon or pipe mocha pudding into cups and top with a 1 tablespoon dollop of whipped topping. Sprinkle with cocoa powder.
I know it isn't cake, but it definitely will curb that chocolate craving and keep that figure in tact or help trim it down. Talk to you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment