Friday, September 5, 2008

Foodie Friday

Wow. The Internet is unstoppable. So much has happened over the last few days. The first thing I need to say is Thank You! I suppose this is what it feels like to really relax and feel loved. I created this blog out of the need to get stuff off my chest quickly, efficiently, and succinctly. But I would really like this to evolve into a place where people can come, not just to learn about me as a whole person, but also to gain knowledge. I have a lot to share. Friday's will now be FOODIE Friday. I will sometimes post a recipe, give you a healthy eating tip, or maybe even a restaurant review.

The suppression of myself has caused many disorders including but not limited to a) bouts of depression ( I don't know that they were directly related, but at times my grades, relationships, and responsibilities have suffered, and I know I am not the only one) and b) overeating (now I genuinely LOVE food, but I do go overboard sometimes, but food has never let me down or told me I was going to hell.)

I have started to adopt some healthier habits. For instance tonight, instead of us ordering a large pizza with 3 toppings at regular price and 99 cent cheese bread from Papa John's, we each opted for the personal pan pizza. Not only did it save us 30% of the price, but everyone gets the toppings of their choice, your portion sizes are a little bit closer to what you should be eating, and you actually get full. So instead of eating 4 large slices of pizza, you have 4 mini slices of pizza. For me, that is a step into the right direction. Eventually, I will be one of those eating a personal size thin crust veggie pizza, but I am not there yet.

How's that for being a regular person? LOL. What food habits are you willing to change?

1 comment:

  1. I think that you are living bravely and outloud. It is important for people...all people to realize that it is okay to be yourself. I accept you for the beautiful, kind, loving soul that you are. I appreciate you thinking more about what you put in your body because I strongly feel it is our responsibility to nourish the bodies that house ourselves. We definitely can't take the flesh or any other earthly possession for that matter with us, but we can take care of what we have been given to the best of our abilities. Keep it moving sista!

    Love you!

    Liz:)

    ReplyDelete