Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Hip Hop Hoorayyy!

I watched the Hip Hop Honors the other night, so that song is stuck in my head. It was one of my favorite songs back in the day--so I don't mind.

But yesterday was a grand day. I hit up the stores looking for embellishments for the clutches, totes, and purses. I was inundated with $4 jewels. I realized then that is why purses cost so darn much. A little round thinga-ma-jig, just one-for $4. No thank you. And to top it all off, they weren't even that cute. So we(my love and I) decided to hit up the thrift stores and honey did we hit the jackpot! Gorgeous vintage buttons and earrings (in great condition) that will take these clutches to the next level. This literally means that no two purses will ever be alike. I like the fact that each one will be its own little jewel.

Then a digital camera...not a camera phone has manifested itself for me today. So today, I will be playing photographer. It is a hobby that I have enjoyed since my yearbook staff days in high school. I love black and white photographs. A past co-worker was actually able to buy a old-school polaroid black and white camera for $5 on Ebay. I met no such luck-the guy tried to skip off with my $20. I got it back though, so no harm done. With all of that said, that means new-better pictures will be up this week. Heeyyyy! LOL.

I finally feel like I am on the right track. The website is steadily coming along and evolving into a masterpiece in and of itself (www.deuxdames.com). Each time I make a clutch or tote, they look better than the one before. I am just so excited that everything I need is literally falling into my hands.

Well a busy day is ahead, I hope your dreams come true.

3 comments:

  1. The jewels cost that much even in Hobby Lobby? Going to the thrift store was such a smart move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on the dames site. How long has it been up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ABG: That's exactly what I was thinking. And now the totes are...for lack of a better word...FIERCE, lol.

    Jgirl: DD has been up and running on 2 legs for only a month. When I initially started it back in June-I didn't have a vision/plan, I just knew I wanted a web site, so there wasn't anything really there.

    ReplyDelete