Monday, October 20, 2008

I've got JOY

So most of you know that this blog started because I wanted a little bit of acceptance from my mama. Our relationship is evolving and we have reconnected especially over the sewing bit. Let me tell you friends, she loves my little clutches.

By the way the clutches are for sale, $15 plus shipping, for blog customers only. I will have my etsy store up soon. Until then, you can buy them directly from me. Just send me an email and I will process your order.

I think she is the most proud because it shows that I listened to her at some point in my life. She even bought 5 of them. Can you believe that? I am ecstatic. Especially since I didn't get the job I interviewed for last Thursday...oh well. It must not have been for me.

It is really cold here today. It is the low 30's. What the heck happened? One day I am in sandals, the next my winter coat. Reminds me of Florida (they always used to say, we've got a cold snap or a cold front moving through)...awww I miss home a little bit.

I need to more appreciation for heat and air when I have them naturally from God. Hmmm.

I have to go get dressed, I am playing chauffer (sp) today--everyone in my house has somewehere to be.

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and have a good day at work/school. TTYL.

4 comments:

  1. Wondering where you are? The weather in Atlanta can't make up it's mind either.

    I'm glad that you've found a way to connect with your mom. I'd love to have a better relationship with mine. The fact that I've put to use the artistic talent she's passed down to me isn't helping...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that your blog is giving a lot of people JOY gay or straight. It's good to escape into your world. I'm beyond proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel. I came out to my mother last year, and though she's come around a lot, she still has some shock left. But we are still best friends, and I know she loves me regardless.

    Good luck to things with your mom.

    By the way, I'm adding you to my blogroll :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deepdiva, Welcome! I know moms just want the best for us and they think they know best--at least mine does. And for the most part, she does--I just want her to respect my take on my life, like my grandmother does on her life. Am I asking to much?

    ReplyDelete