Monday, February 9, 2009

Every Kiss Begins with Kay...

You know the saying. Because the jewelry is nice, cheap, and readily available throughout the country Kay Jewelers can boast that they are the #1 selling jewelers in the USA. But, there is a problem that every dame should know about. Just because a business is big and is #1 in sales doesn’t mean that they care about you as a customer.

I received a ring for Christmas 07. My sweetie bought the additional warranty and was told that if anything happened to it, I could take it back and get it fixed. The only thing I had to do was take it back every six months to be inspected and cleaned. Within the first week I was in the store because the stone had fallen out of the ring. They replaced it with no problem. I took it back at the six month mark and no problems. The 11th month rolled around and the stone came out again. This time I couldn’t find it. I took it back to the store but it was a not a pleasant experience. Because the associate did not put in the computer that I had brought the ring in at the 6 month mark, I would have to pay for the stone to be replaced. Rubbish! So now it’s my responsibility to make sure that the associate did their job? This is ridiculous.

I love the ring and appreciate my sweetie, and what it stands for. However, WE refuse to pay for a faulty stone to be replaced. If the stone had not come out the first week, then I would be more accepting of this situation. If I had not gone back at the 6 month mark, I would be more accepting of this situation. But it did and I did...so I am more than upset, but not quite furious!

It’s funny though. I still wear the ring even without the stone. It’s my silent protest against Kay Jewelers and showing my appreciation to the love of my life. I bought her ring from Kay and luckily we haven’t had any problems with it at all. I want the stone replaced but I don’t want to have to pay for it because for the price of the stone we could buy a whole new ring. I wish I could find the stone from this ring, but it could be literally anywhere.

4 comments:

  1. that sucks. but i am not shocked. if they can't prove you didn't come there, then they should fix it. you should put your blogging powers in action and totally call them out. that's crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is crazy! In another life, I was engaged and my ring came with a similar plan. On my side, I had a form they had to complete to document my coming in and it was my responsibility to keep up with the document. They should be doing something similar...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sucks. Maybe you should go back and get a manager or call corporate.Thanks for the warning. I'll never go there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you tried contacting customer support on 1-800-527-8029? The store is wrong and the customer is right - they should need to prove that you did NOT go in there rather than the other way around. Kay is a decent organization, I'm sure they'll be sympathetic. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete