Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sex on the brain...

I have been thinking about sex non-stop lately. I used to want to be a sex therapist. I am fascinated by the Kinsey reports. I took as many classes about human sexuality as possible.

Currently I am researching graduate programs so that I can become a family therapist. After looking at Tammy's Pure Romance site, I am wondering why I even want a degree. I can just be a pure romance consultant. They have training and everything.

I know I want to go to grad school because I want to have the science to back it up. Plus, I also want to focus my practice on the lgbt community. Specifically couples counseling. With all of this gay marriage hoopla, the next thing we need to address is having healthy relationships and good communication.

We have a lot of issues that we never get to work through in heteronormative America. From relationships with parents to co-workers and every other Sue, Sam, and Jane who feels the need to judge- lgbt folk barely get any peace. Then add lesbian bed death and someone needs some therapy in and out of the bedroom.

10 comments:

  1. Honestly, I'm in the same boat. Valentines day brings up the sex (or lack thereof)

    sucks, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, lol I was at work today feelin' some kinda way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahaha =P

    i guess it happens. lol.

    -sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tamara, we are totally on the same page. I was actually thinking about taking a human sex and sexuality class. I never took anything like that in college and I am very interested in learning more.

    Pure Romance teaches us a lot of stuff, I mean it's like crazy information and we have monthly calls on a different sexual health topic. I didn't even know all that!

    But I agree with you and if that is where your heart and mind are leading you...go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Then I could host sex and relationship seminars. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yeah! of course. what a wonderful well-rounded business that would be. i had a similiar thought...but i would rather just deal w/ lesbians

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh definitely! I wouldn't dare try to tell a straight woman how to please her man. I mean Dr. Ruth and that lady in Canada have that market covered.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooooooooooooohhh....I think you should go for it. Go to school and do the pure romance parties. And then you might even blow up and have your own syndicated program.

    ReplyDelete