Tuesday, February 24, 2009

God is Love and Love is for Everyone

I made a commitment to read more blogs this year. I have been disheartened by the number of people who are questioning their salvation. My granny told me something awhile ago that I hold dear to me and I will share with you.

My granddaddy used to run around with some of everybody. It is rumored that I have aunts and uncles 15 years younger than me. It is rumored that my grandfather was abusive mentally, verbally, and physically to my granny, aunts & uncles, and my mom. Now I never saw evidence of abuse; but adultery, yes. Papa was a rolling stone.

My granny had men always approaching her in the grocery store, at church, in the laundromat. I was like, "get it". People frequently asked my grandma why she stayed with him. She knew the answer without even skipping a beat, "Because I am not going to hell for anyone. I love God, so I will obey him."

That was one of the most profound things I have ever heard her say. She did not let other people tell her how to live her life or serve God. Regardless of her circumstances, she loved God, and never waivered in her faith.

I learned from my granny that all I have to do is follow my own path. My relationship with God is personal and can not be dictated by anyone else. I learned love, joy, happiness, and comfort. I even learned that God doesn't care who you sleep with.God only cares that you love him and you give all glory and honor to him. Through prayer, meditation and studying the bible, I have found true happiness. This happiness can not be taken away from me; and it can't be taken away from you!

7 comments:

  1. greetings

    what you have spoken about God is the truth.

    that is what i tell people who think that just because we love people that are the same gender as we are, that God hates them.
    And i know it comes from years of hearing others tell them this.

    Salvation is for everyone! Jesus came with an invitation and I RSVP'd! And i have not left His Table Yet! lol
    And i dont' plan to either!

    good post. when you have a moment drop by and see me sometimes. my partner and i and our children are on our faith Journey with Jesus.
    and we are encouraging all that He sends our Way.
    And to rec' encouragement from those that He sends our Way.

    http://wisdomteachesme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. well said tamara.

    thank you for that post!

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this post. So many people have twisted what God's love is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Jesus came with an invitation and I RSVP'd!" Love that statement! You know I am down with GOD so it's nothing but what I was lead to write.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know that God loves me. He created me and he never makes mistakes. I just wish that everyone could realize that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not religious at all but, I definitely don't think people should feel unworthy of God's love because of who they are.

    ReplyDelete