Friday, February 20, 2009

I am not my hair...

When I first started writing this blog, I always had a song in my head and it would usually dictate what I wrote about. So I thought I should get back into that mode because my writing is slacking. I love music and it always inspires me. Since my hair dictated my day, India Arie is on the brain.

This stuff on my head is the cause of much stress. At times, it will cooperate and I can do anything I want with it. Other times, it is just really brittle and dry--no matter what I do. I realized there was a key difference in my routine; the shampoo.

When it was first released, I became hooked on Pantene's Relaxed & Natural Shampoo/Conditioner. I mean I received free samples in the mail before I paid a dime for it. I was so pleased, I told everyone I could about it. It costs around 10 bucks for the pair. As my financial situation changed, I switched back to Suave. It was so not the right decision. I mean even the condition of my scalp changed.

Well that will be remedied real soon, as I have switched back to Pantene. Some people don't believe it works. I will vouch for this product if you have natural/non relaxed hair. It is a great moisturizer and strengthener. My hair was so silky this evening; I know I won't be switching back-so long as I can help it.

5 comments:

  1. Girl, let's not even talk about hair! I'm struggling with mine too. I think my location and the lack of moisture in the air is affecting mine. I gotta get it together. Anyway, I used to use Pantene too. I need to go back to them. Thanks for reminding me how what good condition it was in when I was using it. My hair loved the conditioner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use to use the same Pantene before I started buying Carol's Daughter. Trust and believe when my money is funny I'll be back to Pantene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang...I was writing and ya'll were commenting. But yes, my hair just drank the conditioner and it is so soft now. Thank goodness, cuz I couldn't go on like I was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a total hair product junkie, and have so much stuff I don't think I'll run out any time soon! But I think I would withdraw if I did..lol. It's really important to have a good conditioner, even if you have to skimp on the shampoo. Glennisha put me on to Carol's Daughter, and between those products and Organic Root Stimulator Hair Mayonnaise, my hair is really coming along. I've never used the Pantene, I always thought it wasn't made for us. But you guys have a strong case here, I just may have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bella, I always try to stick with the same shampoo/conditioner combo. I hadn't thought about the conditioner being the most important component. I have seen the mayo in the store, but never tried it. I will check it out.

    ReplyDelete