Monday, February 16, 2009

I'm a Valentine's Whore

I mean it is literally, one of my top 4 favorite holidays. Most people would say its because I am in a relationship. That's not necessarily true; our worst argument was on a Valentine's Day! That memory lingers.

But I love it because it represents one of the most precious emotions-love. You don't have to be romantically involved with someone to have a good valentines. My momma would send me a valentine box every year. It would have little knick knacks....cups, candy, bubble bath, stuffed animals, and usually a card.

As my girlfriend and I were reminiscing, we realized, we couldn't remember most of the evenings we celebrated. Usually we would just order in or my cousin would cook for us. We had actually gone out for v-day only 1 other time. We had a great time. Totally spontaneous.

We hung out with her mom for a couple of hours then we gathered our treats (wine and chocolate), looked for something to do, decided on a dinner destination and savored the ambiance. I really can rate this V-day as #1.

We asked a couple of friends to come with us, but they decided to do nothing. It always kills me how people complain about not getting invited anywhere, but when you invite them, they say no. Just doesn't make any sense to me. Valentine's Day is what you make it, PEOPLE! Seriously.

Anywho...I feel so blessed, because we had a car all weekend. Sometimes, I felt we were just riding around for the heck of it. Sure is nice to be grateful for the little things. LOL. Well I hope you had a wonderful weekend, a beautiful day, and showed your gratitude whenever possible!

Love ya!

Tamara

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had an enjoyable Valentine's Day. Mine was pleasant as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you had a great v-day. i need to blog about mine, my sweetie was so good to me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you ladies! Now I feel like I need a vacation. LOL.

    ReplyDelete