Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Twitter

Let me tell you, when I logged in to my email and saw my momma following me on twitter, I was shocked as hell.

Alix got a good laugh as I freaked out and shut down my blog, protected my updates, and removed her from my followers. I tell you, it wasn't like I have said anything on here that I haven't said to her...but just the knowledge of her being able to know every thought or mood I am in is unnerving.

Now all of you can just fine...you don't have my phone number to call me...oh wait..you do or can at least get it easily. Hmmm So why was I so freaked out? It was just weird. Totally unexpected.

I guess it all boils down to me not telling her as much about myself as I do you all. That is so interesting.

4 comments:

  1. I know the exactly feeling. I remember when I first started my blog and wasn't so personal. I had proudly given my mother the link and got mad when she couldn't regurgitate recent posts. As my blog aged and perhaps got a little bit more personal the thought of my mother, family, and other folk reading it made me cringe. Just like you it's not like what's on my blog I haven't already said to my mother or that I don't mind repeating it, for whatever reason it just still feels like whoa... I guess because a lot of me is exposed on my blog. I feel more comfortable exposing myself to folk I don't know than to folk that know me well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! you're mom was on Twitter?? lol lol. and then you removed her from following you? what did she say?

    this is too funny. i dont know what i would do if my dad followed me on twitter. if i was tweeting on a Sunday morning he would probably say "shouldn't you be in church" or something like that. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glennisha: I agree. It's crazy though...we almost do know each other. We read so much of each others personal thoughts and feelings...some of you probably know me better than my family.

    Tina-cious: "She probably thinks a blog is something you clear up with Drano." ROTFLMAO!!!!!

    Monie: I have given up on being anonymous.

    Tami: She hasn't said anything. I actually don't think she has noticed. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lmao at your momma following you on twitter. I don't think my momma would even get on twitter, let alone figure out how to follow me.

    ReplyDelete