Monday, April 20, 2009

When We Make Love

"One other requirement is that she must want to do "it" to 90's r&b. If Ginuwine's "So Anxious" doesn't get your panties wet, I don't know what's wrong with you." Raych

Was feeling Raych on this post and especially on her statement above. Perfect timing too as posts this week are inspired by 90's R&B Chart toppers.

I saw Ginuwine in concert in college. I wasn't head over heels screaming like the other girls. One of the clues that I wasn't straight--but his music--in the right moment... as Raych suggested should arouse you right?

In my mind it's 1/4 physical, 1/4 mental, 1/4 mood, and 1/4 opportunity--Ginuwine's "So Anxious" (and many more songs), bring the mental and mood into cooperation.

That got me to thinking about Lesbian Bed Death.

It is alleged that when lesbians get into relationships that their sex drive decreases. I can't imagine the desire for sex leaving me. There were times when I was too tired...too stressed...too anything, but the desire was still there...

Does this phenomenon really exist? Are their times when you are in a relationship when sex is not a priority? Do you ever feel like sex is a chore? It is times like these when I am made to feel like a horny toad...

4 comments:

  1. i think life can sometimes take its toll. by the time I get home sometimes i am very tired. seems like i give more of myself to people that don't really matter and then I don't have time for those that do.

    currently, i am feeling very rejected by my gf. she used to be all over me, now nothing. i want to make love, but i dont think we have in 2 weeks or so. i guess for me, its about feeling desired and wanted and when I don't feel that I feel rejected.

    i would hope people continue to make love whether they have been together for 1 month, 1 year or 10. always love your partner and let her know that you love, desire and care for her...even when you don't have the energy to make love. i think that's important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that as lesbians sex for us is so mental that if we stop connecting, we stop sexing. That might be as simple as if we're feeling ignored, unappreciated, or just having a fat day. We're women, so that extra emotion that comes along with having less testosterone leaves us with a low libido when our emotions are in overdrive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tami: I feel you!I've been there. I think sex makes you feel connected in ways no other thing can. It's the one thing you can't or won't do with anyone else. I hope it gets better.

    Alix: So true. We need more spa days to keep the stress in check. Wait a minute: I 'm a firm believer that sex is a good destressor.

    My new slogan: More sex, Less stress!

    Glennisha: I hope you don't either.

    ReplyDelete