Saturday, November 22, 2008

$10,000 a day....

Why do people hate on people with money? I see a lot of hating especially with The Real Housewives of Atlanta cast, these corporate moguls, and others. The media went out of control about the automaker ceo's riding in a private jet to DC.

I am being completely honest when I say, when I become a millionaire, I will be traveling on a private jet. I will not look down on someone who can't fly on a private jet, and I won't feel guilty for flying on a private jet. I look at Kimmora, Oprah, Bill (Gates) and I see a life that I want (somewhat...some of the stuff that they go through is extreme) but the ease of knowing that what you want, you can have because money is no object is freeing.

A friend sent me this game called The Prosperity Game. Essentially, they give you money and you are to do whatever you want with it. So the first day is $100. If someone gave you a $100 a day for the next 30 days what would you do with it? I would go out to dinner with the first $100 dollars. Put me in the right frame of mind of enjoying this money. There is nothing worse then getting money and not enjoying it. Like if you got the $100 and you felt bad because you had to pay a bill. It's not the paying the bill that makes it bad...but the feeling...so I am doing something I want to do first, then I will do what I have to do. Does that make since?

I saw somewhere else where people have set up different amounts. I am going with $10,000. So if you were given $10,000 a day for 30 days what would you do with the money?

5 comments:

  1. The issue with the ceo's isn't hating. They were asking for monetary help, but they were wasteful by traveling in a private jet. It's like asking your mom for help after you just bought a brand new Mercedes. Your mom would look at you like you were a fool...

    Anyway, if I knew I was going to get $10k a day for only 30 days, I'd share the first $10k with my close friends and family. I'd bank the other 29 days. I'd hate to get used to being able to spend like that and then have to return to regular life...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo I saw an article written by some elite lady of Atlanta and she was terribly criticizing the housewives show. She was more concerned with the way wealthy blacks are perceived on tv. The bottom line is we don't all act the same. So you can't get mad if someone who doesn't act like you has a tv show. This is kind of off the subject but, I think Blacks need to stop worrying about how we're perceived by non blacks. Like who cares. Anywho, I don't hate on folks who have money. It's a lot of folk in my family who hate on other family members who choose to live in the burbs because they can. Although the burbs aren't personally for me I'm not going to knock anyone who chooses to live out there.

    If I was given that money I'd bank it, pay off my debt, and hurry my move to NY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well... figure we're talking 300,000 (normal month anyway) . Pay off bills and student loans (that'd be about 75ish, ugh).

    Take a trip to Europe and not quite backpack but not quite lavish hotels (somewhere in the middle). We're talking Italy, Greece, Germany, England, Ireland, Scotland... etc. That'd be what... 20k? Figure food, flights, hotels, etc... I'm guessing here.

    So that's close to 100,000 down.

    Then I'd go to Africa and build a school and a hospital and I'd donate the rest to either

    Make the Change or Charity:Water

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm....$10,000 a day. Here's how I'd spend it: I'm suppose to pay myself first so I'll take a much needed spa vacation to the Hershey Hotel & Spa. I'd pay on my mortgage and student loans. I'd also give to my church and a charitable organization. My house would get renovated and I'd help my mom out with her financial needs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, the first $10k I would pay off my debts. Then I give my family on the second day, then I go on a vacation on the third. After that, save and donate to causes I care about like my city's gay/lesbian center, which really needs money.

    As far as the Housewives, the only two who seem like they're doing something valuable with their time is NeNe and DeShawn, who have their own non-profit benefiting black women and children. I can't imagine writing a $68k check for a Escalade and not blinking.

    ReplyDelete