Sunday, November 16, 2008

WZUP

Ya'll I was exhausted this weekend. Can you say, get in the house and immediately take a nap. That was me. Turns out, my coming out problem was not a problem at all. The people we were concerned about did not even show up. It's unfortunate though...that's been added to my vocabulary this weekend since it was so damn depressing in some aspects. But I don't even want to relive that agony....so moving on...

I am still pondering writing a book. I have started a few. But I never get past like chapter 1. Sad, I know. They aren't heavy reads, humorous really. I will probably finish at least one, while on vacation.

During the holidays I like to go to this event titled Holiday Parade of Homes. These homes are newly constructed and absolutely gorgeous. They have them decorated and stuff for the holiday season. They have snacks and food throughout. Believe me when you are walking through a 3 level 6 bedroom, 4.5 bath home with 2 kitchens, and 4 fireplaces... at least a cup of water is warranted.LOL.The event serves as a fundraiser for the local Habitat for Humanity. If you have the ability too, check out your area and see what good causes are available for you to support.

I was going through a tough time and had to lean on social services and other organizations, and you think that when they say emergency assistance, thats what it means. Nope. Emergency assistance here means $300 (1 x per 12 month period) for your rent, and thats if you have an eviction notice or utility bill with a disconnect notice. What is that? But anywho in this time of year especially with the status of some people (unemployed, etc) if you have it and can share it, even something as small as working at a soup kitchen, please do. Can you imagine how many lgbt folk fall into this category?

Taking my community service coordinator hat off....Have a great day.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that your anxiety was unwarranted. I thought about you a lot. Hope everything remains good for you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes what we worry about really doesn't even matter.I think the few people that I'm worried about what they think of me really don't care.We'll see though when I finally do come out. Anywho, that habitat for humanities sounds nice. We had the first now here today so I'm ready for the season. I most definitely will be working in a soup kitchen this year. Last year I helped put together some car packages for homeless and we passed them out on X-mas eve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though they didn't show up, it must ease your mind to get it off your chest. Maybe that will be a post for another day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go ahead and get that book deal girl. Your book may actually be good. As far as social services is concerned, it's to perpetuate poverty and insufficient circumstances anyway. We just gotta find our way to be included in that 5% of the population that don't have to worry about finances at any point. And thinking about the holiday season, I've realized that I'm so grateful for everything that has come my way, big and small. I hope to blessed so that I can be a blessing to others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get like that when it comes to reading...I never can get past chapter one. It's like my brain stops. I suppose I'm looking forinspeiration though. Stay happy.

    ReplyDelete