Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A dream deferred...

So, yesterday was our anniversary. I was so surprised that my girlfriend...made dinner. I know, it sounds like...what? Dinner, that's all? But here me out.

First of all, she wanted to go to culinary school. She actually got accepted and they played with her financial aid...$40. Yes, $40 was all they gave her. So she took a step back but in the process she stopped cooking all together. And she can throw down. Now she only cooks like on holidays and even that is a rarity considering we go to other people's houses or someone else cooks at our house. I know. Sad. You probably wonder how we eat, if neither one of us cook...by the grace of God. LOL.

But last night, my baby threw it down, in more ways than one. ;-) She made pork steak, collard greens, and potatoes with onions. It was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo delicious. I made sure that I saved some, because I wanted that meal to last. Actually it was a lot of food for only the two of us. Then she surprised me with my favorite candy: butterfinger and reese's peanut butter cups. I enjoyed my evening. Then we cuddled. It was sweet.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, I will second that with an Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!

    hmmm..potatoes and onions, that sounds good right about now.

    if cooking is something she wants to do encourage her not to give up on her dreams. i mean i had financial aid but a lot of loans too, but in the end it was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reeces and cuddling...sounds like a good night :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. reese's peanut butter cups = God's gift to man.

    so good!

    ReplyDelete