Sunday, November 23, 2008

I'm so grateful...

I went to church today and it was so good. It is a traditional church, but the pastor their is so real and annointed. I did run into one person who had something to say about homosexuals, but heck my momma has too. But what comes from the mouth of the pastor is another story. I believe God sent me there because what he says, fills my spirit every single time.

Someone asked if I was advocating going to an affirming church, (Tami? was that you). I have been to an affirming church and it was affirming and very different. It was the first time that I actually felt comfortble with my sexuality, but at the same time I felt uncomfortable. We (friends) have had heated discussions why affirming churches are valid and needed versus traditional churches. But it is actually something in itself to get used too.

I think the best thing any one can do is just pray for guidance. Each experience is unique. So church, no church, affirming church totally up to you. I pray you receive what you seek. Have a blessed week.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Tamara!

    Glad you enjoyed service. I am still looking for an affirming church. My church is great, there are some things that they push that I do not agree with and a few other things as well, which have nothing to do with homosexuality. Now my pastor every blue moon will speak against homosexuality, but nothing over the top. At the same time, you know when he talks about family, he doesn't mean mine. So I don't know. And you're right, praying for guidance is the best thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's awesome that you found a church that you really like. I'm not really familiar with affirming churches. What exactly does that mean?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same question as Glennisha. I'm not sure I've ever heard that term before.

    ReplyDelete