Friday, December 19, 2008

Holidays

This time I am not complaining about not spending Christmas with my love. She will be here and I will be in Florida with my immediate family. I haven't seen my family in over a year, so it is high time I get my arse home. I spoke with my granny the other day and told her I was coming, she was soooo thrilled. I then realized my momma hadn't told anyone so it might be a surprise. I swore granny to secrecy and didn't mention it to anyone else. The only problem is, I don't know how I am getting from the airport. LOL. I am sure we will have that figured out by then.

The only reason I am not as sad is we will spend Christmas Eve together (I will only be gone from then until Monday), plus we realized we aren't the only ones trying to make the decision of with whose family to spend the holidays. It's a classic issue for all couples, that I have seen played out many ways.

We are thinking of just going on vacation from now on. I like the idea of spending the holidays somewhere new, fun, and with little to no stress. For New Years Eve, we have sort of a tradition, we either go to Night Watch services or we watch movies and order pizza. Either way we have a good time. One year we went to New York City and attended a show at Lipz. It was great cabaret performances from all and a drink made by Frankie that sat me on my a**. That was my first trip to the city and I can't wait to get back. We haven't even decided about New Years yet.

2 comments:

  1. This whole going home for the holidays has me thinking about once I move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it gets easier...trial and error...plus me and my girlfriend have been told that we spend way to much time together...oh well.

    ReplyDelete