Thursday, December 11, 2008

I love my momma...

All of us want good relationships. I have mentioned on here that I started focusing on what I like about my relationship with my mom. I think this is important so that the good outshines the things we dislike. Think about a person in your life who may get on your nerves and focus on the positive things they possess. It's just my belief that if you look for the good in people, you will find it.

So here are a few things that I absolutely adore about my mother:

She is a go-getter. Anytime she thinks that she wants to do something, she does it. she doesn't wait for permission, or make excuses why it can't happen. She is fearless in that way.

She is creative. She has sewn clothes, barrettes, blankets, curtains, re upholstered furniture, paints, writes poetry, books, and a whole bunch of other stuff.

She is not shy. My momma will dance anywhere. She will talk to anybody. She is usually the life of the party. I'm not quite there yet--when you get to know me, yes...but I am still the shy one.

4 comments:

  1. Wow. I know I need to better my relationship with my sister but, it's very hard. She's sweet sometimes but, the majority she's a bitch on wheels. I'll see if I can work on this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think shyness is something you grow out of. I was super shy when I was a teenager, and now I see it as I'm just a little reserved. But like your mom, I'll dance anywhere too. In the store, in the car, in the street, in the shower... Makes me feel good...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all have things that we dislike about family, but I can tell you really love your mom and look up to her. I hope your relationship gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just appreciate the best in folk and the best will come out of them. Deepdiva, I love my momma and it has gotten a lot better.

    ReplyDelete